Moshi iGlaze Hard Shell Case for Apple Macbook Air 11″ [Quick Impressions]
One of the first items I wanted to review for 2013 is an item that I bought a bit back. I purchased an Apple Macbook Air 11″ (mid-2012) and wanted something to fully-protect it whenever I took it to on the road without adding much bulk. I discovered these snap cases which are simply two pieces of plastic which simply snap onto the top and bottom of your Macbook. Simple enough. I researched different brands but decided to go with the Moshi iGlaze. This isn’t a in-depth review, but merely a quick impression of what I think about it. Impressions and gallery after the break.
The Moshi iGlaze comes in various colors, frosted, black, and white. I decided on frosted so that it wouldn’t appear that evident that I had a hard shell on. The packaging is pretty bare bones. Just 2 pieces of plastic and some paper inside with instructions. Installation was simple enough, clean the laptop, snap on the bottom shell, then the top, and ensure that the ‘hinges’ are flush with the surface of your Macbook. Overall, I’m very impressed with the case, although it is pricey, it offers full protection of my Macbook Air, has proper cutouts so all ports are accessible, and the material feels of high-quality/sturdy. I would definitely recommend this item for anybody looking to protect their Macbook without adding much bulk to it.
- Fully protects your Macbook Air from external scratches.
- Comes in various colors including frosted, black, and white. Frosted makes the case look almost transparent from a distance.
- Cutouts make all ports accessible.
- High-quality plastic material. Feels good to touch and sturdy.
- Adds little overall bulk to your Macbook.
- Rubber feet on the bottom of the case ensures the bottom of the iGlaze doesn’t rub on any surfaces when you type.
- Price, retailing for $59.95, the price is on the high side compared to other brands like Speck who also offer a similar (although poorly-received) product.